Friday, January 16, 2009

Sweet Mary Grace







Sweet Mary Grace is almost 4 mos. old. She is still the sweetest baby. She loves to smile at you and talk to you. She loves her big brother. She tries to watch everything he does. She was so proud of herself for sitting in the Bumbo seat. She is trying to roll over but gets very frustrated when she can't make it over. I find myself just about everyday praising God for allowing me to be a mom. I know it is a gift from Him. I don't always get it right. I make a lot of mistakes parenting and will continue to make mistakes. But thankfully God is gracious. He knew I would not be a perfect parent. He still chose to entrust these two children to me and Neal. We depend on Him daily to guide us and equip us to disciplin, train and love Judson and Mary Grace. In Colossians, Paul says that in Christ are hidden the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. It is in Christ that I find the wisdom and knowledge to be a mom, a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter...



On my own I am selfish, prideful, impatient, intolerant...Thankfully I have a saviour who knew me as a sinner and chose to die for those sins. The wisdom that I need has to be sought out. It is a hidden treasure that I have to search for. Solomon says we should search for it as we would search for silver and gold. I pray that I would treasure wisdom and understanding more than any worldly possession and I would teach my children to treasure it as well.

2 comments:

emily said...

Beautiful post! Thank you for sharing your heart. We need to go to lunch sometime. Let me know when a good time might be.

Darby said...

Tami, Your title is so perfect.. "Sweet Mary Grace"... she is so sweet. I love the last picture of her with that giant smile. What a priceless photo. I love it! We always love spending time with y'all. Morgan asked today if she was going to marry Judson... and Paige asked if she could marry MommaSissy! :)